We will email you if the seller accepts your offer.
Call the high bidder’s bluff by bidding below them. If they don’t pay the bid amount, you’ll win the auction.
The White Giant is inspired from Bank of England’s one-million-pound banknote used internally within the banking system.
It is printed on bespoke security paper made for Polymerbit.
Both on the obverse and reverse, there are hidden elements to be explored.
Use of a magnifying glass and an UV lamp is recommended.
The original giant was created due to issues within the UK banking system.
Many fiat notes circulated from different banks within the system.
By the 20th century there was a large risk of the local banks collapsing.
Trust was at an all-time low.
The Bank of England created these notes to back up local banknotes from Scotland and N. Ireland.
An argument could be made that as Bitcoin becomes more prevent in society, it’s rise in value is inevitable.
With some of the highest inflation seen in decades, there is a possibility of a single Bitcoin eventually exceeding the purchasing power of the original Giant.
Through this artwork, Polymerbit imagines a world where a single Bitcoin would be kept guarded in vaults by governments.
Particular attention was taken to add many historic symbols tactfully.
The suffix AC 00 00 00 00 00 is taken from the raw hex version of the Genesis block created on the 3rd of January 2009.
There are two versions of this print.
S/P stands for Studio Proof and was made in preparation for the normal run.
In total, fifty of the keyless variants of this artwork were made.
This Lot Includes:
- Dimensions: 19.5 x 9.5 x 0.01 cm
- Materials: Printed on Polymerbit (STC) security paper Hologram, Micro text, offset, UV, watermarks, fibers Custom Calligraphy
Join the Scarce City Banter Telegram channel for auction updates, commentary, and sat giveaways.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Deposit 1% of your bid as collateral
💥SATOSHI MODE💥 Login to unlock unlimited and max bids on all BAZAAR auctions with a single deposit of 1 million sats
2. The winning bidder has 4 hours to pay their final bid. If they don't, they lose their deposit(s) and the next highest bidder has a chance to pay their high bid.
3. Once all collection items are paid for, deposits are refunded to the remaining participants.
HOT ZONE RULES
- Bids placed in the final 5 minutes of the auction reset the countdown to 5 minutes
- Auction can't end with a pending bid
No buyer fee added to winning bid.
Shipping estimated costs including insurance:
- US: $15
- EU: $20
- Asia: $25
State sales tax, shipping, and insurance deposit of $35 is added to the winning bidder's final balance. Once the item ships and the actual cost is known, the difference is returned to the winner by email.
OPEN A LIGHTNING CHANNEL WITH US
NEW TO LIGHTNING?