We will email you if the owner accepts your offer.
Call the high bidder’s bluff by bidding below them. If they don’t pay the bid amount, you’ll win the auction.
In 2005, Matt Furie drew a picture of a frog peeing with its pants down saying “feels good man”.
Images of Pepe the Frog have since been shared as wholesome humor on MySpace, an Alt-right symbol on 4chan, a representative of the Free Hong Kong movement on Twitter, and remain ever-present on all digital channels to this day.
Pepe may be the oldest and most popular meme of the digital age.
On September 13, 2016, Pepe achieved his destiny of immutable permanence on the strongest network ever known. RAREPEPE metadata was transcribed in the OP_RETURN field of a Bitcoin transaction in block 428,919.
Over the following 18 months, hundreds of artists around the world added nearly 1,800 interpretations of Pepe to Bitcoin’s blockchain as part of the Rare Pepe movement.
This Lot Includes:
RAREPEPE X 1
- Series 1, Card 1
- September 13, 2016
- 300 issued
- Frame: 26" x 30"
- Print: 14.6" × 11.0"
- Frame: Baroque with silver & gold wash; museum glass
- Matte: Black herringbone with 8 ply black acid free matte; hand painted bevel (Roygibiv); "N" with crown inset into matte
- Print: Giclée Hahnemühle German Etching
- Bejeweled kings crown attached with screws and can be removed
- Approx. 8 lbs.
- Approx. 8 lbs.
Join the Scarce City Banter Telegram channel for auction updates, commentary, and sat giveaways.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Deposit 1% of your bid as collateral
💥SATOSHI MODE💥 Login to unlock unlimited bids on all PEPE is ART auctions with a single deposit of 2 million sats
2. The winning bidder has 48 hours to pay their final bid. Additional time is available in some circumstances upon request. If they don't, they lose their deposit(s) and the next highest bidder has a chance to pay their high bid.
3. Once all event items are paid for, deposits are refunded to the remaining participants. Please allow until Monday, June 27.
HOT ZONE RULES
- Bids placed in the final 5 minutes of the auction reset the countdown to 5 minutes
- Auction can't end with a pending bid
No buyer fee added to winning bid.
Free pickup from NYC gallery 🏙️
Shipping estimated costs including insurance:
- US: $300
- EU: $500
- Asia: $750
State sales tax, shipping, and insurance deposit of $1,000 is added to the winning bidder's final balance. Once the item ships and the actual cost is known, the difference is returned to the winner by email.
Card transferred to buyer Counterparty address after payment confirmation. Generate a Counterparty address through Freewallet.
OPEN A LIGHTNING CHANNEL WITH US
NEW TO LIGHTNING?
- We recommend Wallet of Satoshi as an easy to use wallet for bitcoin and lightning. Available on Android and iOS devices.