We will email you if the seller accepts your offer.
Call the high bidder’s bluff by bidding below them. If they don’t pay the bid amount, you’ll win the auction.
HISTORY OF THE PIECE
Isabelle Esnult discovered Bitcoin through media and became intrigued by the
magnitude of the phenomenon.
As an artist, she realizes that this currency has no physical support and that anyone
could represent it.
This reflection, shared with enthusiasts, inspired her to create this sculpture
representing Fortuna, mythological goddess, holding the horn of plenty: The allegory of Fortune derives from the Roman divinity Fortuna, goddess of luck and chance.
In Latin, 'Fors', means 'fate' or 'chance'. Fortune is therefore the entity that lavishes all favors on men at random. Chance, through randomness, is an omnipresent notion in Bitcoin.
Fortuna is often called blind, because she treats all men indifferently, hating or loving them as she sees fit. Isabelle depicts her here with a blindfold that purposely reveals her eyes. The wind which rushes in her dress is used as representation to the inconstancy.
This is the key to the work: fortune, fickle and hazardous always triumphs. As for the cornucopia, it is a fabulous object that never empties and dispenses all the
riches of the earth: according to Ovid, it comes from the goat that would have fed Zeus when he was a child.
WHO IS ISABELLE?
A sculptor since 1990. She has created the following bronze trophies:
- El Abrazo, Latin American Film Festival of Biarritz
- Pro France Quicksilver, trophy of the World Cup of Surfing
- Trophy of the World Cup of Canoeing
- Catamaran World Cup Trophy
Isabelle exhibits her work in more than thirty showrooms.
More info on Isabelle here.
Birth of a sculpture:
The PIRIZ art foundry, in Irun in the Spanish Basque country, perpetuates a traditional know-how: the casting of bronze.
Miguel Gonzalez practices this work, which has been handed down from father to son. The key to his art foundry is the furnace: This is where the bronze ingots are deposited to be liquefied at a temperature of 1300 degrees!
The first step in the casting process is to heat the spoons that will be used to transport the liquid bronze.
The ceramic molds are the negatives of the sculptures. They are placed in trays
containing sand to prevent them from exploding under the heat of the molten bronze during the casting process. In a continuous ballet, the caster pours the bronze delicately into the metal inlets of the molds.
The gesture is very precise and the moment magnificent!
Once the mold is filled with bronze, the opening is covered with ash to keep the heat even.
Then comes the finishing touches, with the trimming, polishing and patination of the piece with a flashlight that determines the color chosen by the artist. The creation of a sculpture is a team effort. The artist must have full confidence in the
The sculpture comes with a wooden stand.
AUTHENTICATION & NFT
The work is a unique copy and authenticated as such by the artist and the foundry. It is the only edition that will be produced.
The work is associated with a unique Counterparty token of locked supply representing the ownership of the work. The buyer will have the option to receive an OPENDIME with the work to store the token.
The NFT & physical certificate will be sent to the buyer.
Dimensions of the sculpture: 14.5cm (5.71 inches) in diameter
Dimensions of the stand: 13,5 cm height / 8,5cm width
Weight (without stand): 1.3 kgs / 2.87 lbs
Join the Scarce City Banter Telegram channel for auction updates, commentary, and sat giveaways.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Deposit 1% of your bid as collateral
💥SATOSHI MODE💥 Login to unlock unlimited bids on all Bazaar collection auctions with a single deposit of 500K sats
2. The winning bidder has 4 hours to pay their final bid. If they don't, they lose their deposit(s) and the next highest bidder has a chance to pay their high bid.
3. Once all event items are paid for, deposits are refunded to the remaining participants. Please allow up to 24 hours from auction end.
HOT ZONE RULES
- Bids placed in the final 10 minutes of the auction reset the countdown to 10 minutes
- Auction can't end with a pending bid
- Onchain bid deposits no longer accepted
- US: $125
- Europe: $100
- Asia: $200
A shipping deposit of $200 is added to the winning bidder's final balance. Once the item ships, the difference is returned to them along with the shipping receipt.
NFT transferred to buyer Counterparty address after payment confirmation or to OPENDIME sent with the physical work. Generate a Counterparty address through FreeWallet.
OPEN A LIGHTNING CHANNEL WITH US
NEW TO LIGHTNING?
- Breez Wallet: User-friendly non-custodial wallet. Requires TestFlight for iOS. Tutorial here.
- Wallet of Satoshi: As easy as it gets custodial wallet with option to connect your own node. Get setup in minutes on Android & iOS. Tutorial here.
- LN Strike: Pay Lightning invoices with fiat from your checking account. Install for Android, iOS, or Chrome in select regions.